Saturday, September 13, 2014

Socks FO sho!

Happy weekend, friends!

I'm sipping a cup of coffee on the couch while I write this, Scott is playing his new game, Destiny, and Berny is snuggled between us. Today is his birthday! He's planned a game of golf and lunch with his parents, but I think if he could have it his way, he'd continue on playing Destiny all day ;) He is hooked. (I'll join them for lunch but not golf, because I don't play hehe)

I have finished two pairs of socks recently.


Untitled


Pattern: 64 stitch vanilla pattern with modified Eye of Partridge heel - OAAT
Yarn: Zwerger Garn Opal Hundertwasser in Wintergeist  
Needles: 2.25 mm Hiya Hiya Sharps (looove) 32" circular


I knit on these a lot during our recent vacation, and then they were purse socks after that. I knit the second sock's foot a little longer on accident...it's because I keep changing where I want to start the toe decreases! Sometimes I wait until the sock is past my little toe, sometimes before... inconsistency!

I love Opal!! I've acquired a nice little stash of it and they will all become vanilla socks :)



The second pair I finished just in time for Scott's birthday! I had a heckuva time washing and drying them without him noticing though. I had to be really sneaky :)


Untitled


Pattern: 72 stitch vanilla pattern with Fish Lips Kiss Heel (toe up!) - TAAT
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Multi Sock in Edgewater
Needles: 2.25 mm Addi Sock Rockets 40" cable


I really, really, really enjoyed knitting with Lorna's Laces! The yarn itself is wonderful, but oh! then the colors!! They kept the interest going :)



Scott's birthday socks are finishedLorna's Laces is gorgeous, can't wait to knit with it again! 17/20 #burningsockdesire




That's it from me, I hope you all enjoy your weekend!! x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥