Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Hiking and Mrs. Weasley

Hi friends! I wanted to share a few photos from our hike this weekend, and some new photos of Mrs. Weasley's blanket!

We drove down the Bitterroot on Sunday morning and hiked Bear Creek. It's an easy hike that follows alongside the creek.

 
Bear Creek, Bitterroot 2014


We hiked it once before a few years ago. During that time, it started pouring as soon as we reached the falls. We wouldn't have been worried but we each had a camera (I can't remember if we had brought rain jackets). So we sped down the trail to the car, about 1.5 miles, taking cover under large pines every once in awhile. At one point I skinned my knee on a tree that had fallen over the path and by the time we were back at the trail head, we were soaked!

Thankfully, it was nothing but sunshine when we hiked this past weekend :)


Bear Creek, Bitterroot 2014


Bear Creek, Bitterroot 2014


Bear Creek, Bitterroot 2014


Bear Creek, Bitterroot 2014

I took a photo with my camera's self-timer and it worked great except I didn't see that little plant in front of the lens. Photo bombed!



Bear Creek, Bitterroot 2014



And now, progress on Mrs. Weasley's blanket:

P1050674


Today I seamed two quadrants together. I had to YouTube how to seam (!!) and I found a superb video:




It really did make an invisible seam, which is important for me because my seaming yarn was a different color.

My invisible seam!!!:

P1050675


P1050676



P1050679


P1050673


P1050678

I love love love this blanket ♥

8 comments:

  1. That is a splendid blanket. I've used videos of reference of that woman. I learned when attempting socks for the first time that I was knitting backwards after joining in the round. That shot of the creek is fantastic. I can hear the rushing water. You are so cute in your hiking outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does such a great job! I haven't checked out any of her other videos, but I will :)

      That creek had major water flow! It was almost deafening to be near it. hehe thanks :)

      Delete
  2. Urgh that blanket is too awesome. And the seams really are invisible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Beks!!! I am so pleased that the seams worked. I tried another way before and it looked terrible!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful blanket! I finally casted on one after loving yours so much! And now I need to save that video link for future reference :D . Are the striped squares from striping yarn or 2 different yarns?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeeek I am so excited you cast on one too!! yay!!!! I have to check yours out :) the striped squares are two different yarns! I alternate colors every round on the right side.

      Delete
  4. How on earth have I missed your blog? It's wonderful! Looks like it was a gorgeous hike and I adore your blanket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leigh!!!! I am so happy you found me on blogland, I am going to read yours after I write this! (I don't know how I missed yours either!) It is a really nice hike, one of my favorites :)

      Delete

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥