Sunday, June 22, 2014

FO: Hiking socks

It feels so good to have a finished object! On the pendulum of knitting, I am on the part that swings towards finishing all of the WIPs. Have to keep going while I have the momentum!

Untitled

I just wanted a simple wool sock to wear with hiking shoes. The yarn is Patons Kroy and I enjoyed using it and I think it will hold up well. These were solely purse socks and knit on them while out and about.


Can't wait to try them out :) These make twelve pairs this year. I am going to change my original goal to knit thirteen pairs... maybe I will shoot for twenty pairs?


I cast on Echo Flowers shawl:

Untitled

this is my first real lace project. I know they always say lace looks like spaghetti before blocking, but I am seriously worried! I am worried because my yarn is single ply, and wonder if the shawl would hold up better in a 2-ply. That photo represents three hours of knitting! One good thing is the pattern is becoming easier now that I'm on the third pattern repeat. What do you guys think? I will keep knitting on it (unless someone says knitting single ply lace shawls are the worst idea ever!), but any comments are appreciated.


I did make a little progress on Sue's socks:

Untitled

I also started reading Orange is the New Black since finishing the second season (it's also our book club's next book). In rare history, the book is not as good as the tv show! Character development is nowhere as in depth in the book. I realize they want to make good tv and probably "enhanced" a lot of characters, but it makes the book dull. Oh, and almost all of the characters' names are changed! So that is confusing.


We made these Chia Seed Oatmeal cookies yesterday and they are delicious!

chia seed oatmeal cookies!

They have no added sugar, and don't use flour or eggs. But honestly, the selling point are the chia seeds! I really wanted to try them. The cookies are moist, chewy, and banana-y :) I definitely recommend them!


Today looks so bright and sunny, I am excited for the day! Hope you have all been enjoying your summer weekend xx

17 comments:

  1. Love the socks!!! :) I am knitting my first pair of socks right now. I also have two scarves, a washcloth, and a shawl cast on. I am a teacher so I am hoping that this summer is the summer of FOs. :)
    ~Amanda from His and Her Hobbies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe your basket sounds full like mine :) here's to a finish it up summer!!

      Delete
  2. 12 pairs of socks??? You are a machine!

    You're right about OITNB tv show being so much better than the book. The book is a lot more factual and a lot less sex.

    Keep going with the lace. You can't judge lace until it's blocked. Although I do have no experience with 1 ply.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't know if this pair should count since they're short!!

      Bwahah I hadn't realized the lack of sex in the book, but now that you've said it, you're totally right!

      I will keep going with the lace, but it's so hard for me to imagine how it will be at the end! Testing my patience :)

      Delete
  3. You are a sock knitting queen! I am always in awe with all your sock projects. I'm in a finishing mood, I have some sock wips that have been languishing too long in the wip basket. Luckily the world cup and bumper to bumper traffic is helping me with that lately...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you finish some of your sock wips! but bumper to bumper traffic does not sound fun.

      Delete
  4. ♥ love single ply lace weight yarn for lacework ~ but that's just me...

    you'll have to judge for yourself when it's done (I secretly hope you love what you see after it's blocked, though!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh that's so good to hear, Melissa!! thanks for reassuring me :) I can't wait to see it blocked!!! (but I know I have a long knitting road ahead still)

      Delete
    2. the photo of what you have so far gave me goosebumps...that's how much I love it!

      Delete
  5. I like how your hiking socks peek out from your shoes. And damn, girl, that for three hours? I like how you showed it off, stretching it out like that. I may have to copy you next time I CO a lace shawl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted them to extend a little from the shoes to help prevent blisters! That, and to help spot ticks...ew!

      I definitely didn't come up with that idea by myself, haha!!! Feel free to use it :) I saw someone else showing their lace like that, and it's such a good idea!

      Delete
  6. You have been making sock madness! It's amazing and impressive, but madness! and now you are taking on lace. It looks great already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lace is definite madness, Ellen!! (insert groan) lol

      Delete
  7. That sock yarn you dyed is fantastic! I think you could fill the Cakewalk void, if you were so inclined!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a compliment, thank you so much!!!! :)

      Delete
  8. hi jesse! i wish i had your knitting drive! i've hit a knitting block & haven't picked up the needles in two weeks :( now that vacation is over, i'm hoping that will change & i'll finish some wips so i can start new ones....that's always the goal isn't it!
    hope you're having a great summer!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie! I hope you find your knitting mojo soon! I hate that feeling :( find something to knit for yourself, that you really love...that sometimes helps xx

      Enjoy your weekend!

      Delete

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥