Saturday, March 22, 2014

Spring is here!

P1050117


these daffodils were only $1.99 and they spent the week slowly blooming :) they are so cheerful to have in the kitchen... money well spent! And I just returned from having my taxes filed...whew! I am so glad to have that done.

That little bunny nugget is knit from my handspun!! He turned out kind of big actually, because the yarn ended up being bulky! They are so much more squishable at this size :) he is being sent to my swap partner, along with this shawl:


P1050113


The swap was organized on Instagram and is called I Yarn, U Stitch (or #yarnstitchswap). The idea is you knit or crochet for someone, and then you receive a sewn item (or vice versa, depending on your handicraft). Swappers aren't necessarily paired up with the same people they are making for, so it's very exciting!! My partner said she would like a scarf and that her favorite color is purple.


P1050112


My Ravelry page has this named Once Upon a Time because I marathoned a season and a half of the show Once Upon a Time while knitting it :) and the color plus lace...it's kind of fairy tale-ish, right? :)

Pattern: Definitely Diagonal Scarf by Kris Basta
Yarn: Berroco Vintage
Needles: US 10 circular
Modifications: none! 

The drape is lovely and the worsted weight yarn makes for such a cozy and squishy shawl... I really want one for myself now!! This pattern is very easy to memorize and knitting went quickly. The rows become pretty long, but that is the only negative thing I have to say :)


P1050115


I also finished a pair of socks:

P1050107


These are the Monster Socks. I used about 252 yards of socks scraps! That's a pretty rough estimate. I know each stripe used about six yards of yarn because I measured and cut them to size (all except the last two stripes because I ran out of magic ball!)

Do you track your yardage through knitmeter.com? I am obsessed lately with knowing how much I've knit! So far this year, I have knit 1.5 miles!!

I used Hermione's Everyday Socks for the pattern and incorporated a Fish Lips Kiss Heel too.

P1050106


Very pleased with them! They are pair 8/13.


Let's see, ongoing projects... I am eager to finish this gift:


P1050121


It's a Hitchhiker knit in Knit Picks Glimmer, colorway Peacock. I love knitting with glitter yarn! This is another one that will be hard to part with... 


I also have a plain vanilla sock on the needles:

P1050123


It's in Knit Picks Felici, colorway High Tide. It will have an afterthought heel.


P1050125
I just realized it looks like a sushi roll when I do this... hehe


One last thing. I bought a Sock Sack and it's too cute:

P1050130

Michelle from StudioInTheGreen sewed it.... I had to have it because of the kitties. But when it arrived, I fell in love with the mice too!

P1050129


Midway through this post I remembered I've been soaking hand knit socks for about two hours... oops! Better take care of them.

I hope everyone has a joyful weekend xx


9 comments:

  1. Cute gear! The bunny nugget is adorable and that shawl lovely. Your swap partner is very lucky. The socks look like they've been from a color way, not scraps. I like how each.is difernt and has its own personality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stefanie!! I'm hoping to put the finishing touches on the package today and send it out soon! Excited to see her reaction!

      The socks are so fun to knit!

      Delete
  2. so many pretty knits! i sometimes forget and leave knits soaking too, oops! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lori! super glad I'm not the only one leaving knits soaking! hehe!

      Delete
  3. This shawl and the Everyday socks are really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigh. I love all your handknits.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥