Wednesday, February 12, 2014

sock drawer claims one more

Woo! one more day in this work week for me! I covered a few days for my co-worker and so I will have a four day weekend :)

I finished a pair of socks that are perfect for Valentine's Day:

P1050002



Pattern: Socks on a Plane by Laura Linneman
Yarn: A Yarn Loving Mama in Volcano of Love
Modifications: I used a Fish Lips Kiss Heel instead of pattern's written heel
this is pair four of thirteen pairs I hope to knit this year!


P1050001

I learned to cable without a needle and that was pretty thrilling :) It made it much faster to knit and waaay less fiddly.

P1050006

the heel:
P1050005

I really enjoyed learning how to knit the Fish Lips Kiss Heel and it fits me very well. I want to knit more socks with this heel!

  P1050004 


As far as WIPs, I knit on I ♥ Canada a lot this week:

P1050008

(sshhhh...I knit on it while I was working... I kept it with my coat in the file room, and every time I needed a little destressing, I knit a few rows....)


and I cast on a pair of Monkeys:

P1050017
It is a pattern I've been meaning to knit for a long time and am finally doing it! The yarn is handdyed by iKNITiatives and the colorway is called Visions of Spring Flowers. 
This pair is for Sock Hockey in the Ravellenics! Are you playing? 


P1050013

About the knitting journal, it was a gift from a friend:

P1050010
the front
I have never kept a knitting journal before, but now that I am, I find it incredibly handy. I glue the tag with a sample of the yarn to each project page, along with pattern information, modifications, amount of yarn used, and so on. In the first few pages, there's a list of the monthly sock patterns I want to knit, and on another is a record of things I have actually knit this year.


The first Ravellenic project I completed was an Aerial Unwind:

First Ravellenics project: Aerial Unwind of Rockefeller #ravellenics  #ravellenics2014 #teaminstaravlovers

I decided Rockefeller just wasn't for me. It's a little nostalgic, as it was my first mystery KAL.... but I'm over it!! I plan to dye the white yarn, and knit socks from the other two skeins! The yarn is Mountain Colors if anybody is curious.


Untitled


Doesn't the middle skein remind you of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles??


In other news, it appears Knit Picks is discontinuing their Felici sock line, or at least, discontinuing all current colorways and possibly returning with new colorways. It frustrates me that a public announcement is never made about yarns they will no longer make.

I did panic..... :

I stocked up on Felici because it's being discontinued



I hope everybody stays warm and dry this week! xx

6 comments:

  1. cabling without a needle opened up a whole new world to me.

    those socks are absolutely gorgeous! I haven't even finished one pair this year and I don't look close either.

    Am definitely liking the look of that heel.

    I've always been meaning to try Knit Picks yarn, and then I remember they don't ship to Australia. All those colourways look very tempting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is pretty cool isn't it?!

      Thank you about the socks :) you should try the heel, it is a very nice one. and it's fun to learn new techniques :)

      I think it's ridiculous they don't ship to Australia!! Maybe someday soon they will change it.

      Delete
  2. This sock addiction you have is making me wicked happy! The knit journal is such a lovely idea. I may have to steal it. I have finished my first fish lips kiss heel and love it as well. The fit is perfect.
    Glad that you frogged your Rockefeller, I never have problems ripping out and reusing the yarn if it is a project I won't wear. No shame in that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe that is so good to hear, Andi!! I know there are some other things I should be working on but.... :) and yes, the knitting journal is awesome and you should try it!! I love your fish lips kiss heel socks :) glad yours fit well too!

      I agree about frogging!!

      Delete
  3. Look at you sock lady! I'm so impressed! The knit journal is a great idea. I feel like it would add some organization and calm to some of my multiple project frenzied knitting that unfortunately doesn't really get relief from Ravelry...

    What are you talking about they are discontinuing the knitpicks striped sock yarn? I will have to go home and stash, this is not good. I'm just learning to enjoy the sock.

    I really enjoy watching you knit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah! thanks Ellen!! :) try a journal!! I love Ravelry, but I also love having pen and paper :)

      It is so sad when you find a favorite yarn, and then it disappears :( I love the stripes. I hope you are able to stash some!

      and thank you :) xx

      Delete

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥