Wednesday, October 16, 2013

hats, pallets, yetis (actually just one of each!)

I have two finished objects to share. One is mine and one is Scott's (no, he hasn't taken up knitting yet):


This whitecaps hat is finished and ready to be sent to it's new home :)


Pattern: Whitecaps Hat by Emily Wessel
Yarn: Cascade 220 Heathers
Needles: US 6 and 7 circulars
Modifications: none

I LOVE this pattern. I made the bulky weight version and loved it, and really wanted to try it in worsted. The pattern is written for three different yarn weights. This hat is for a friend and I am hoping to mail it off very soon with a few added goodies. 

I double dipped into two KALs, my first FOs for both! :)

Beanie-a-Long with Me 001 (640x303)
Knitspiring Odyssey's BAL

My Sister's Knitter KAL/CAL

Scott's FO is a tv stand that he built from a pallet!


Scott finished building the tv stand this weekend! He built it from a pallet. Very proud of him!

I am so proud of him! He started taking apart pallets earlier this summer and since then he's built a coffee table, two little end tables, and now this tv stand. At first he only used hand tools, but for this last project he borrowed a miter saw from his dad. I love to watch his process, from sketching out his ideas, to the deconstruction, to the building :)


Since one of my goals this year is to cook at home more often, I thought I would share a few of our recent meals.

Scalloped potatoes and ham for dinner, used gram's recipe


This is my favorite meal, scalloped potatoes with ham. I used my grandma's recipe. She always made it for my birthday :)

Chicken biscuit bake for lunch. Next time I would add broccoli, carrots and potatoes. Still good :)


Chicken and mushroom casserole (kind of) with biscuits on the top. It was very good, and so simple, but next time I would definitely add more veggies!

Cajun shrimp and noodles


This one was also ridiculously simple, but so good. We don't cook seafood at all, but we both like to eat it...go figure!

While I am talking about goals, I am only four books away from reaching my fifty books read goal this year! woot! Most recently, I just finished Agatha Christie's Sleeping Murder, a Miss Marple book. Highly recommended for its eerie scenes.

Happy Wednesday! What have you finished lately?

6 comments:

  1. I just mailed off two gifts. They will be posted about on Friday. Your beanie rocks! The twists stand out. Your man's FO is pretty awesome. Cool to be handy. Martha Stewart would be proud. Good comfort food you've made!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gifts in the mail are so fun :) thank you, I hope my friend likes the hat! And yes, it is good to be handy and I am lucky that he is!

      Delete
  2. yay for both of you! awesome fo's. and yummy dishes! do you make split pea soup with the leftover ham(bone)? so delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori! I have never had split pea soup before! I will have to look into that! We did have leftover ham so that would have been a good recipe to use it up in...though it was a teeny ham to begin with!

      Delete
  3. Lots of hand/home made things in that post! These are the best! Your blue hat is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maryse!! I hope my friend likes her hat!!

      Delete

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥