Saturday, April 20, 2013

Aquarium, Sock FO #1/13

I have finally finished a pair of socks!

Finished these Hermione's Everyday Socks :) yarn is Knit Picks Felici in Aquarium


Pattern: Hermione's Everyday Socks by Erica Lueder
Yarn: Knit Picks Felici in Aquarium
Needles: 2.25 mm
Notes: I knit these 2aat cuff-down with Magic Loop. This is one of my favorite sock patterns because it's easy to memorize and has awesome texture.

Untitled


It has been several months since I've even worked on socks, so it felt very good to be back knitting them. I think the magic is in the tiny needles, the thin and beautiful yarn, and because the whole project fits in your lap.

My goal this year is to knit thirteen pairs of socks, and this is pair 1/13! At one point this past year I thought, I have too many socks. But, I've worn almost every pair (of hand knit) because it's been so cold! As I type, they are having a nice soak in Eucalan wash.

I have two pairs on the needles now:

The first pair is nearly finished actually, I just have the leg and cuff left:

Untitled
This pattern is Vanilla Latte Socks by Virginia Rose-Jeanes, in Lynai's Across the Universe.

And the second pair is just a stockinette sock to have for mindless moments:

Untitled

Actually, I cast on these plains socks to balance out the Hearts and Flowers socks I originally had planned for the Across the Universe yarn. It was, unfortunately, a poor yarn/pattern combo. Hearts and Flowers by Wendy Johnson is a beautiful pattern and I hope to knit it with a better suited yarn choice soon.

Enjoy your weekend, friends!

6 comments:

  1. Pretty! I don't have any socks on the needles at the moment, and it feels weird.

    Those everyday socks are in a gorgeous colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean!! now I always want to have a pair on the needles.

      Delete
  2. I definitiely want to knit some Hermione socks when I see nice version like yours! I think that you should not wait until the second half of the year for you socks challenge! Go go go! I also LOVE the tiny needles and yarn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a wonderful pattern! I think you will be very pleased :) I am knitting furiously to finish my next pair!

      Delete
  3. I started some Hermione socks once but the first time they turned out too small and the second time too big! haha I would like to give them another go one of these days because I love the pattern so! Yours look gorgeous! I wish I could make 13 pairs of socks this year! But I am so slow I will be lucky if I finish 1! :)
    I love seeing your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, that st pattern and yarn go so well together! I love them. And your goal is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥