Wednesday, February 27, 2013

I was attacked by the flu bug two weeks ago, and it was the worst! It started with Scott on Valentine's Day and then I got it that weekend. It took at least an entire week for me to start feeling normal again; I felt like the walking dead!

You'd think that being sick, stuck on the couch all day with nothing to do, would yield lots of knitting. But it didn't. I did read a lot, and finished the first two Beautiful Creatures books. They are sooo melodramatic and cheesy, with lots of teenage angst. The first book was just made into a movie and the trailer always catches my interest. So when the series was the Kindle Daily Deal, I bought all of them. What I like about the series is that it moves quickly and there's enough suspense/intrigue that the books read fast. What I don't like is how much I enjoy reading them, especially because it's in the teenagers-with-supernatural-powers genre. Sigh. It's my guilty pleasure. (and I definitely want to see the movie!)

There hasn't been much progress on my cardigan because I've been busy test knitting for a friend!

Great divide


Great Divide :) @kisskisskiddo #2013istheyearoftheshawls

The pattern is Great Divide Shawl by Michele Brown. It calls for DK weight yarn but I used fingering weight with US 6 needles. I used stash yarn: Knit Picks Stroll Tonal in Blue Yonder and Araucania Ranco Solid. Besides changing the yarn weight and needle size, I knit to pattern. It's a beautiful pattern and is very well written. I love the shawl!!

I've recently purchased some yarn candy and am itchy to cast on something! I primarily purchase yarn as I need it for projects, but these recent skeins are just plain stash enhancers!

Mad tosh!!
MAD TOSH!!!


Recent stash enhancers! L to R: Berroco Ultra Alpaca Light, Malabrigo Chunky, and @astashaddict sock in Mermaid's Hair!! #yarn
the white yarn is nice, but not part of the enhancement


Those are my very first skeins of Madeline Tosh and I am soo excited about them! One skein of DK (maybe for a hat) and one of fingering (shawl). And the above photo contains my first skein of Malabrigo (it's the middle blue. I think it will be a cowl or mitts!) and the colorful skein on the right is A Stash Addict's sock in Mermaid Hair!! So I have a lot of project ideas in mind, I just need to settle on one.

It's Wednesday, friends :) Enjoy the rest of your week

5 comments:

  1. Sometimes when you have the flu, knitting really is out of the question. I tell people that is how you know someone is really sick. Sorry to hear you guys caught the case of the nasties.
    Now, let's talk about your fab yarn purchases. Madtosh is the dream yarn. Once you knit with it and wear it, you will feel like a princess. The rest of course if wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours you chose of Mad Tosh! So beautiful. Actually, I think I love seeing those two colours together... somehow very lovely. You'll enjoy it, it's wonderful to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fun skeins. Hooray on your first Madtosh. The test knit is great. I would have never thought to pair those two colors together b/c I thought the combo would be too bright, but they look wonderful together and make the shawl a happy and modern one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you got ver the flu. It is never fun. Did you have the flu shot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kepanie, I didn't get the flu shot this year, but I will definitely be getting one next year! ugh, that was a horrible couple of weeks.

      Delete

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥