Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Hi friends!

This post is more along the lines of what I had in mind to break my absence. Thank you everyone who sent me a message yesterday about my weird experience. Your thoughts and comments calmed my nerves and I slept very soundly last night :)

A few things I've been working on:

Woodland Sampler
Woodland sampler; can't wait for February!

And I finished my Zombie Vixen mitts for the Instagram KAL!  

Zombie Vixen mitts
I love how dramatic the light makes the cables!

Zombie Vixen mitts
this one is slightly awkward because it looks like I don't have a pinky


Pattern: Zombie Vixen Mitts by Susan Claudino
Yarn: Koigu KPPPM in colorway 705
Needles: 2.25 mm


It was a fun KAL and the variety of colors used was awesome! Self-striping, acid green, speckled, jewelly blue...and they all looked GREAT! This was the perfect KAL project for me because I really needed the support of other knitters to finish. The cables are beautiful, but they aren't fun for me, you know? Fair Isle, garter stitch, miles of stockinette stitch, those are fun to me. But this project does give me hope that I will be able to knit cabled socks, and I have quite a few in my queue that I'd love to knit!

I used a darning needle instead of a cable needle. Some of the KALers cabled without a needle at all, and I tried it but didn't catch on. Maybe the next cable project I will try again. It was an easy to follow pattern (available for free on Ravelry), with line by line instructions for cables.


I counted my knitting totals for 2012, and by far, I knit monsters the most!
Of everything I knit last year, I knitted monsters the most!
I used an app called PicFrame to do this; the best spent $0.99, seriously!

It makes me wonder what I will go knit-crazy on this year :)

Hoping everyone has a happy Tuesday,
Jesse

8 comments:

  1. The woodland sampler is so cute! It makes me wish that I had the patience for cross-stitch.

    It looks like most of your monsters are Rebecca Danger patterns - right? How do you like them? Is there another designer you'd recommend for monsters? My son is 3 and has asked me to knit him some, but I'm not quite sure where to start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenn!!

      Thank you! I didn't think I would have the patience for it, but I love it!

      Yes, pretty much all of the monsters are Rebecca Danger patterns! (the only one pictured that is non-RB are the little owls, and they are a free pattern on Rav by Jenna Krupar). The patterns are super beginner-friendly; they're knit in the round so no seaming! The only sewing you do is attaching legs, arms, ears, etc. I highly recommend all of her patterns! You might be able to find her books (she has two out now) at your library. I have the Big Book of Monsters and looove it! She has other animal patterns for sale on Rav too.

      My favs are Baldwin, Jerry, and her dinosaurs!

      Good luck!!
      Jesse

      Delete
  2. WOW - Those cables are awesome! I've only just finished a pair of slightly cabled socks which was daunting, but i took like a fish to cabling without a needle. Maybe more practice? or give up. Sometimes giving up is the right option. (speaking of my experience so far with brioche)

    Those monsters are so cute. I made a minion once. That was fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's encouraging to hear from other people about not using cable needles! I have to try again :) I want to try brioche! Probably farther down the road though.

      Minions are mischievous ;)

      Delete
  3. The sampler is SO cute. I showed it to my daughters and they let out big awwws. I use a cable needle. I'm not that slick and handy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kepanie! Hehe I think it's one of the cutest patterns too :)

      Delete
  4. After seeing you working on stitching lately, I have been inspired to pick up a cross stitch WIP of my own.
    I love all your monsters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andi, that is awesome!! What are you cross stitching? Pictures please! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!
      Jesse

      Delete

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥