Saturday, October 13, 2012

Diagonal Lace Socks

Of course, I decided to take photos after I blogged about them yesterday :) 

P1030300


Pattern: Diagonal Lace Socks by Wendy Johnson
Yarn: Knit Picks Stroll Tonal in Harvest Tonal
Needles: US 0
Method: Magic Loop and toe up
Modifications: At the cuff I decreased to 64 stitches per sock to knit a 2x2 rib because the socks are a bit loose. I probably could have omitted one lace repeat. There is also an errata in the pattern. On even rounds, you should knit the knit stitches and purl the purl stitches; I just knit even because I found the errata when I was halfway through the socks and didn't want to change :)

Diagonal Lace socks


The pattern is free on Ravelry as a preview for her book Socks From the Toe Up. I own the book as well, and am really looking forward to knitting more patterns from it! Even though these socks took me several months to complete, they took me out of my sock knitting comfort zone but I love how they turned out. They were a great project for when I wanted something that required a bit more concentration but didn't need my entire focus.

I am so happy it's the weekend! Enjoy friends!

3 comments:

  1. ohhhh i like the color & the pattern!

    happy weekending~

    katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Katie! Well worth the time :)

      Enjoy your Sunday!

      Delete
  2. They are so pretty! I think I have something for orange socks!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥