Wednesday, September 26, 2012

WIP Wednesday

Sunny Spread afghan in the works:

Annie, this is the progress on my motif afghan! I will crochet 64 motifs, I'm at 21. How are your socks coming? @indielovely

Pattern: Sunny Spread by Ellen Gormley
Yarn: Vanna's Choice in Fern, Magenta, Purple, and Sapphire
Hook: J (6.0mm)

I have to crochet at least 64 motifs, I'm in the mid 20 range. It's been a long time since I've been excited about crochet, but some mornings I wake up and want to crochet instead of knit! This is a really fun pattern, easy to memorize, and the blocks are fairly large.


And this pair of socks is for a friend:

Lorri, progress on your socks! Shown in black and white so the color will be a surprise (I don't remember who I learned this idea from, but thank you!) @massivelorri #sockknitting #iloveagoodwip
Pattern: a secret.... (for now)
Yarn: Zitron Trekking XXL
Needles: 2.25 mm

I don't think she reads my blog, but just in case, I want to keep the color and pattern a secret. Last night I turned the heels, and I will pick up gusset stitches today (the one thing I hate most about cuff down socks!).

Enjoy your day, friends!

3 comments:

  1. hi jesse! i love the color scheme~ can't wait to see the fo~ i noticed the bag by your socks (great idea to do the pic in b/w) did you make it and do you keep your yarn in it while working on your project? i've been thinking of making some bags to keep my yarn in~
    have a great week my friend~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Katie! Oof, we'll see how long it takes me :) I purchased the project bag from a friend on Etsy, TangerineDesigns. I do keep the yarn in the bag while I knit; I like to do center pulls so it's really easy to keep them in the bag. It's a really good design! I have one other drawstring bag like this and they are really handy. You should make some!!

      Tomorrow is Friday! Enjoy your weekend!

      Delete
  2. What a pretty color combo!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥