Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sock roundup

I finished two pairs of socks this weekend. If only all weekends were like this, right?

These are the worsted weight socks:

Untitled


I substituted Judy's Magic Cast On instead of the Star Toe, mainly because I think JMCO is perfect. This is the first pattern I've used from this book, and I have to say I wasn't very impressed with it. I did not like the short row heel pattern, it gave me holes. I'll try another pattern from this book and see if I change my mind. I LOVE the photography and variety in socks pictured, so I don't want to completely give up :)

...and these are I am Happy, I am Elate socks! They really do make me very happy!

Untitled

Though, the time spent wearing them to take the photos was painfully hot!

Today I made some progress on these socks:

What I'm doing now: knitting on these green socks and marathon watching True Blood.
I think I'll call them, Mrs. Grinch socks

That's Red Heart's Heart and Sole yarn! I found it on clearance at JoAnns and really wanted to try it. I am very pleased with the colors and the yarn quality. For $3 a skein, you really can't complain :) Though, my stripes are about half an inch off...which sort of bothers me. But I had no idea what the pattern repeats would be like, and I think I would have had a mess had I tried to make them match! How do you make stripes match? Is there a secret? (I just got lucky with the Felici ones!)

Berny has been too cute the past week:


Untitled
staring at her lover (a ball chain attached to a string)
If we don't put her lover to bed at night (i.e. on top of the coat rack) she will drag it around while we're sleeping. Sometimes she even drags it up on the bed! She is so silly.

And this expression cracks me up:

Untitled
"Don't mess with me mama, I'm hot!"


I feel like this sometimes at work when a client has a ridiculous question or need, just dead pan.

In other news, I think I'm going to hop in on Stephen West's summer mystery shawl KAL! So many gals on Instagram are making me envious of their lovely shawl pictures...I think I just have to! I purchased the pattern, I just need to find the right yarn.

Check out Andi's fabulous striped socks! I love the colors and the narrow stripes! Also, her heel looks perfect... no weird one-row-of-one-color stripes along the instep that I always get...I think she's magical.

Also, Susan B. Anderson is having a giveaway for a beautiful hank of Dyeabolical Super Ego Yarn! It looks like it's still open, but I'm not sure for how long.

One last thing, an Instagram friend sent me some wonderful yarn, just because she is so nice and generous.

Untitled
How beautiful are these?!


Her name is Lorri and we met through Instagram. She lives in the UK and the fiber for this yarn was collected over the course of several years, from specific sheep! Pretty neat. I think the colors are just beautiful too. Very subtle and simple, but lush. Thank you again, Lorri! I'll be sure to keep you all posted with what this yarn turns into.

I am reluctant to let go of this weekend, but I have to :) Hope everyone's week is awesome!
Jesse

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. hehe :) I am just obsessed with socks at the moment!

      Delete
  2. love all your sock knitting! andi is such an inspiration isn't she!

    wishing you a great week!

    xo

    katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! Yes, she inspires (and enables) me all the time!

      I hope you have a fabulous week too :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, you are doing a great job getting your socks done (it helps to be doing them two at a time doesn't it?). I think I have totally fallen in love with Mr. Grinch's socks though! I am going to Joanne's to check on that yarn - I LOVE it! Who would have thought that Red Heart would make such a nice looking yarn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I don't think I could get a pair finished if I did them one a time. And if I did, they would probably end up being different sizes!

      That's exactly what I thought! But I saw some photos of FOs in Heart and Sole and fell in love with the colors. I hope the line sticks around, it makes me sad that JoAnns is not carrying it anymore (at least the one here). I did go to Red Heart's website and they are for sale there.

      Delete
  4. I love those rainbow socks! They'd make me happy too :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥