Saturday, July 7, 2012

Holy toledo, it's hot out. I really love summer, but I seem to always forget how much I dislike the steaming heat. It makes me irritable, you know?

I started these a few days ago:

Worsted weight socks on the needles today. They will be my first short row heel/no gusset pair.



Yarns: Patons Classic Wool in Dark Gray and Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Amethyst Heather
Needle: US 5
Pattern: Toe up Star Toe Worsted Weight Sock by Kathleen Taylor

Progress. This short row heel was maddening! I ripped it out at least six times. There are still a few holes in the heel but I will just sew them closed.

Short row heel and mine has so many holes. I ripped it out many times and try to eliminate the holes, but nothing really worked. In the end, (to save my sanity) I kept the holes and sewed them closed.

It doesn't make too much sense to knit worsted weight socks in the summer. The nonsense really hit me when I went to Michaels today, and they already have Christmas things out. Yikes.

Hope you are all staying cool.

6 comments:

  1. I feel for so many of you suffering through these horrible temps. I hope it cool down for you soon.
    Now on to those wonderful socks! They are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am such a whiner, Andi :) the first day we reach mid-90s and I cry! haha! I know it's so much worse in other parts of the country.

      Delete
  2. I saw that Christmas stuff at Michael's too and just about walked out in digust!!!! Come on!

    Elizabeth Zimmerman has been quoted saying " Sit on the beach in the summer heat and knit socks and fill up your sock drawer for the cold winter months ahead." That is what I have been doing too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it's awful!! I used to think starting the Christmas sales in October was too early...!!

      I love that quote so much, thanks for sharing it! Yes, come winter, we will be prepared!

      Delete
  3. I'm definitely going to learn toe up socks. I followed your link from instagram. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ruth! Glad you found me from IG!! I love toe up socks :)

      Delete

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥