Sunday, June 3, 2012

Adventures in Sewing!

Happy Sunday, everyone :)

My adventure actually began yesterday, when I went to garage sales with Abbey and Autumn. Unfortunately, it poured all day. Almost all of the sales we went to were outside, and I felt awful for the sellers. Some had plastic or tarps over their tables, but most of the wares were wet anyway.

After the garage sales, we went to JoAnn Fabrics and I think all three of us left inspired! We found some great sewing books and adorable fabrics! I picked out a little bag to make from this book:


this is such a fun book! I love all the patterns in it :) once my sewing skills improve, there's an awesome knitting bag I want to sew!

So last night I dug through grandma's sewing box and found coordinating yarn and made sure I had all the materials. And this morning (before my first cup of coffee no less!) I got down to business!


Eeep! I'm sewing!!!

Woo hoo! I learned a lot just from making this little purse: how to thread a bobbin, how to change the little sewing foot (I had to use a zipper foot). And my iron actually made a rare appearance.

Eeep! I did it! First time actually sewing something useful! I even had to add thread to a bobbin and switch to a zipper foot :)

Tah-da!! I am tickled with this bag!!! It's lined with a different fabric too :) 

This is just what I need, another hobby! Ha! This adventure has given me so much more confidence with using a sewing machine and sewing in general. I am sure there will be more posts about sewing :)

6 comments:

  1. yeah for you! i love your color choices & i bet you'll find many uses for that cute lil bag~ i too, went to garage sales & Joanns!

    hope you have a great week~

    katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Saturdays were made for sales and joanns and craftiness! I'm glad you had a good weekend :)

      And thank you Katie! I am getting ready to sew my first quilt!

      Delete
  2. that is really cute!!!

    I just bought a sewing book too, and it is huge. I have so much to learn. I'm impressed with anyone who can sew a zip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Sewing the zipper was really not any more difficult than the regular sewing! I have a ton to learn also! I hope to see some crafty sewing from you soon!

      Delete
  3. OMG! I love this little bag. Look at you go. Can we really having too many crafts?? I hope not! You are brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! If only my wallet could handle so many crafts *sigh* haha! It was really cute, the other day Scott, my bf, points at my yarn bookcase and says, "Is that all your yarn or do you store your nicer ones somewhere else?" and I said, "No, that's all of it. I don't have to hide any. Yet." hehe!

      Do you have yarn storage problems? And what other crafts do you enjoy?

      Delete

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥