Saturday, March 24, 2012

Updates!

I have so many things to update on! Hopefully, I will slowly catch pack up on blogging.

First thing, I finished and sent the hats off!




Second thing, I have been trying my hand at two-at-a-time toe up socks! I love to learn new techniques and there are so many benefits to knitting socks this way. What appeals the most is always knowing you will have enough yarn to finish the socks (unless they are knee highs).

The first toe up socks I tried were the sample socks from Melissa Morgan-Oakes Toe up book:

Toe cups! Not perfect but I'm getting the hang of it. Thanks @kristinep_photo for encouraging me to go for it! #knitting #sock
Little toe cups are my favorite!!


which turned into....



Finished the toe up TAAT sample socks. Now I just need to find a two year old without any color sense :) #knitting #sock
These should fit a toddler, according to the book.


And then I cast on a pair for me from Regia 4-ply Silk - yarn I received last Christmas.

Starting toe up socks in Regia 4ply silk. #knitting




And this is more or less where I am at now:



On to leg knitting. It was supposed to be patterned but I didn't like it, so I frogged it. These will be plain stockinette. #knitting


I'm probably about two or three inches up the leg. They feel fine! Nice and silky on my feet, and I can't wait to wear them.

So far I have almost three pairs of hand knit socks for myself !!! It's so rewarding to look in my sock drawer and see the pairs I knitted. But then I get to thinking about Scott, and how he only has one pair of hand knit socks... so of course I wanted to knit more for him.

We went to Loopy Knit and Crochet in Missoula and he picked this yarn:

Yarn for Scott's socks. Alpaca Sox in Watercress... has anyone used it?


It's lovely stuff! The colors are beautiful and the little alpaca hairs are nice.


This Alpaca Sox yarn is knitting up very pretty! #knitting #sock


The other night I was knitting the toe cups and finishing the Hunger Games trilogy! I haven't read a book so fast in awhile! And there's a great deal on Amazon to purchase the trilogy on the Kindle for $18.99, so I did :)

And right now, I'm relaxing on my day off. I picked up an afghan I started sometime last year but never finished. I really had only started it before I stopped crocheting on it, because it's less than two feet wide (it's the Round Ripple afghan I'm so fond of).

Happy Crafternoon :)

2 comments:

  1. Amazing projects you have going on there. I love how your socks are coming along!
    Don't you just love being able to switch between crochet and knitting. It is nice to have a break from one sometimes, yet never have to leave yarn alone entirely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andi! I am loving all your beautiful photos on Flickr!! And thank you :) I think I have finally gotten hooked on knitting socks :) And yes, it is so nice to go between the two crafts! Although, it kind of feels like I'm cheating on knitting when I crochet...especially when my half-finished socks stare at me from across the room.

      Delete

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥